- This event has passed.
Speed Networking with LIBA
April 20 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Are You Ready for Some Real SPEED?
We are making connections across the city by joining with our friends at the Louisville Independent Business Alliance for this speed networking event. Connect with some old friends and new faces from the comfort of your home or office! You’ll be paired up with someone for 4 minutes, then move on to your next pairing when you are ready, and on it goes.
How Networking Will Work:
1.) You will need to register in advance and get a free “ticket” at the link above for your free ticket!
2.) On the day of the event you will login to Hopin (about an hour before the event you will get an email reminder with a link to go to the event) and join the event.
** It is recommended to use a computer for this event, and it runs best on Chrome and Firefox. (Hopin does not support mobile devices.)**
3.) Once you join the event you will be in a reception area. Please join us in the Stage area (click on the Stage icon on the left) for a LIVE Welcome Message and Announcements.
4.) After the announcements, you will go to the Networking area (click on Networking icon on the left.) to join in on the Virtual Networking experience.
5.) In the networking area you will click on the Ready button to connect with another attendee. (You can watch an attendee tutorial video at the following link – https://hopin.to/learn)
THE RULE, REGULATIONS, and HELPFUL BITS”
• Each pair will have 4 minutes total (2 minutes for each person to talk).
• When the time is up you will leave the room and can then connect with someone new. (You will not repeat any connections.)
• Make sure to hit the “Connect” button before you leave. This acts as a virtual business card. After the event each attendee can see a list of their connections in their Hopin account.
• If you have trouble during the event and need some help, please call or text Leslie (502) 379-2473 or Jennifer (502) 500-4669.
To prepare for this event (& all networking opportunities), we suggest you:
• Think about what you’re an expert in.
• Think about what you need help with.
• Use your time wisely.
• Be clear about who you are, what you do and how you could use help.
• Be curious about the other person.
• Have fun with it!